How to Know if You Need a Real Estate Lawyer

Posted by Domenic Maio

Whether you are the one who is renting a property or the one who has found tenants to lease your space, you might be wondering what you can do if your current rental situation is a bad one. Unfortunately, these issues can be touchy, and there is a good chance that you will need to ask a real estate lawyer for help.

Do You Have Tenants Who Just Won't Leave?

In some cases, tenants refuse to pay rent but won't move out, and some decide to continue living in a rental property long after the lease is over. If you can't physically throw them out, what can you do? Luckily, a real estate lawyer can help you go through the process of eviction the legal and effective way, which will allow you to take over your property again.

Have Your Tenants Destroyed Your Property?

Unfortunately, some tenants just don't know how to take care of the properties that they rent. For you, this can equal thousands of dollars worth of damage to your home or apartment building. If a tenant has caused major damage to a property that belongs to you, you shouldn't just let the matter go; instead, you should seek legal action so that you can be reimbursed for this damage.

Is Your Landlord Trying to Force You Out of Your Home?

If you have been a good tenant and have always paid your rent on time but have a landlord who is trying to force you out of your home, you could be wondering if there is anything that you can do. Landlords cannot force their tenants out of their homes due to race, disability or a host of other things, and there is a very good chance that you have the right to stay right where you are. Luckily, a real estate attorney can help you navigate the court systems so that you can fight to keep your home.

Does Your Rental Home Have Serious Problems?

Many landlords rent out properties without maintaining them. However, your landlord is required by law to provide you with things like heat, running water and other accommodations. If your landlord refuses to fix these issues, you need to take him or her to court so that you can have your home repaired. Doing so on your own can be tricky, but a real estate attorney can help.

Are You Dealing with Other Issues?

These are just a few of the many issues that can occur between two people in a rental situation. You deserve to know your rights, however, and you deserve to not have these rights violated. By consulting a lawyer who specializes in real estate law, you can learn a little more about your situation and what can be done about it.